Thursday, July 7, 2011

Whew! time to breathe...


Rachel's necklace using washers and beads
Well, birthdays, birthdays and more birthdays! I've been busily making gifts for birthdays and graduations. It's been fun! I tried my hand at jewelry for the first time and I do believe they turned out rather well! The date on my camera is incorrect - you'll have to ignore that part for now... ha.

It's been a while since my last post, I have to write an update on everything going on!

I finally put the finishing touch of ribbon on the booties and delivered them to their new owner, baby Keely! they turned out very cute, if I do say so myself, although I didn't get a completed pic to share. Maybe I'll get one with her wearing them...

Audrey's boa scarf turned out well, and I think she liked her necklace and her purse - again, didn't get pics of everything, you'll have to take my word that they all turned out so cute!

I have finally figured out what was going on with the leg warmers! Two things: I was getting mixed up and knitting the wrong direction and I was forgetting to knit the alternate round! Once I figured out my mistakes, I whizzed right through the pattern and now the second leg warmer is half completed. wahoo! I guess I can cross that one off of my blog along list! Although, there is a second pair that I want to make that is already in my ravelry queue - I'll add that!

I'm just completing my third sweater for the Erin Bears. These are so cute and super easy! I can hardly wait to make them for the little munchkins in my life!

oh! and I found the easiest pattern ever for a stuffed toy! you basically just knit a square, then seam off the head, arms and legs, and stuff! adding whatever tail or ears are appropriate for the animal - the first I made was a bunny, all I have left to do is finish the ears and attach!

 Not too bad for my first one!

 I've also started a pair of socks. I'm using two patterns, as the original pattern I found was too confusing, and the second pattern I found online to help me understand the first, is vague. Putting the two together, I think I can knit a simple pair of ankle socks! I'll keep you updated and post pics in my next blog.


So, my list for the blog-a-long (which I've kind of already started) consists of  a few specific things I would like to make, and will choose the pattern along the way. What I want to make this year - not in order:
  1. socks
  2. baby booties - jelly beans
  3. baby maryjanes - ravelry pattern
  4. red and black striped hat for my older son - ravelry pattern
  5. hat for younger son
  6. scarf, headband and gloves combo (for Gramma)
  7. blanket for my older son (multiple patterns in different squares)
  8. a toy
  9. leg warmers
  10. sweater
  11. fingerless gloves
  12. shawl
  13. something lace-like (Larisa shawl or Just Heavenly shawl)
  14. bag or purse
  15. baby blanket
  16. gifts, gifts and more gifts
talk to you soon!

1 comment:

  1. good luck with the socks. I am no good at them. mine always start to resemble socks you'd make for fred flintstone about the 10th round. I like the leg warmers

    ReplyDelete