Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Bad Blogger!

Hello everyone!

I know it has been a while. Life keeps going, ya know? My son turned 18 last month (phew!) and everyone started school, including my Munchkin. He is now reading the Cat in the Hat by himself and knows his math addition 1+ all the way through 8 (he surprised me with that one the other day). We've been working on 1+ through 5, but he surprised me my knowing 1+8=9!

Pirate Day at the dentist; his first tooth cleaning!


Along with the family's schooling, I am keeping busy with plenty of projects! I will be starting necklaces and acrylic jewelry charms to earn extra money for Christmas, you'll have to check them out! Course, I'll have to get them posted... lol.

I have crossed a few items off of my Year of Projects, another pair of arm warmers,

a hat (have to figure out how to finish the bill) and a scarf from one of my books. I have successfully completed 2 pairs of socks and am now taking on the challenge of actually trying to make them fit my foot! Since I have a size 5-5.5 shoe, the patterns for the size 8 tends to be a little big.... ha. SO - I have purchased the materials that I need and I will be casting on soon! I will keep you updated.

I am finishing a Where's Waldo hat for my older son, and starting a dreadlocks hat for him as well. I look forward to seeing how it turns out. Although the pattern for the dreadlocks hat isn't very clear, so I will have to do some experimenting to get it right. I guess that is how we learn, right?

I have made 1 of 2 toddler sized socks, and this toddler has got to have long feet! ha, they are a bit long. I need to learn the art of adding in another color, particularly in working with stripes. I get a funky jog in the color change and sometimes more than one... hmmm

I finished my dreamy strozzi necklace, it turned out very well! I would highly recommend the pattern for anyone looking for a gift to make. I used the baby alpaca.... oooh, so dreamy soft....


More pictures to come!

Well, that is all for now... I will sign on again soon!

2 comments:

  1. I know! thanks! I'll have more pics up soon. I haven't been very organized with my pics and have misplaced my camera AGAIN... arg. Nice to see you as always!

    ReplyDelete